Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thoughts from Third: An Introductory Website


I'm a little hesitant to post the link for my website, considering that many of my colleagues have created some pretty fantastic examples that they've already put to work in their classroom.  My website is a very rudimentary start at a future classroom "hub," complete with access to daily homework assignments, pictures, blog posts, policies and procedures, and helpful links for students and parents.  

If it sounds daunting to you, trust me, the feeling's mutual.  Hence, my website is still a work in progress.  I don't know where exactly I'll be teaching next year, so I used this website a s a general template for information I might want to include.  I plan to expand upon it further in my next class, Computers in the Classroom.  Depending on how ambitious I feel, I may even want to try out a Google Site, considering that West Hartford supports Google apps.  If only there were more hours on the day!  

Nevertheless, maintaining a weekly [professional] blog and website are two tasks on my teacher "bucket list," so it's time to make those dreams a reality. 

3 comments:

  1. Andrea, this website is lovely. Very colorful and parent/child-friendly. Easy to navigate too :) I really want to experiment with Weebly. It looks like a neat tool and hopefully easy to use! I'm sure your students and parents will find your classroom website useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea- I think this looks great already! I really like that you included an "about me" page to tell the parents a little bit about yourself, as well as a page with your contact information in case they need to reach out to you. All of your ideas about sections you'd like to add sound great. Just plug away at it a little at a time. You're off to a great start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it already. I know it seems daunting at the beginning but you know how you want to have it organized and that's half the battle right there. I'm hoping to have a site just like this one for my students and families in the upcoming school year. It's so great to have a tool like Weebly to keep in contact with families!

    ReplyDelete