Saturday, April 27, 2013

Introducing the Newest Contestants on Cupcake Wars!



Just try to keep yourself from drooling when you take a peak at my little one's tasty submissions for The Food Network's sinfully delicious show, Cupcake Wars!  We've been hard at work since mid March, trying to sneak in any time we can find in the "kitchen."  How I wish I could actually bring my little one's cupcake creations to fruition :)  For now, we'll just have to settle on our crafty representations.  Or, maybe I'll just have to sneak in a special treat. Shhh!

Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress. I intended to have each student supply at least one comment for a peer's cupcake, but time has gotten the best of us.  Not to worry!  We will revisit our Voice Thread ASAP, and practice how to give appropriate feedback, such as providing a compliment, asking a question, or offering constructive feedback (i.e. a suggestion).

For now, I am thrilled that we've completed at least the initial phase of this digitally based project.  Anything involving food (and sweet treats, at that!) gives my littles the perfect opportunity to try their hand at descriptive writing, chock full of sensory details. With all of this CMT testing, complete with structured narrative writing, they need an opportunity to spice things up a bit!  You'll notice that some of us will benefit from a review of transition words and sensory vocabulary.  Yep, that's on the agenda too :)

Lucky for us teachers, instruction and assessment go hand-in-hand, with one driving the other.  



1 comment:

  1. Andrea, I was going to get a chocolate mousse cake from the Italian bakery in Bloomfield for our last class, but now it seems picking out cupcakes from the bakery's case is more appropriate. We can eat them while listening to your students. Email me, and let me know if I should go with the cake or cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete