Thursday, April 4, 2013

Got some Webspiration?


As I prepare to tackle my own website (Yep, I'm taking the plunge!) I thought it best to "borrow" some inspiration from several of my colleagues.  And, I couldn't resist snagging the equally as beautiful, luck enabling, springtime calling photograph included above.  I keep reminding myself that it's all about capturing those quiet, little moments, amidst all of the hustle and bustle that is my daily life!

To date, I've found Google Sites to be incredibly user-friendly, yet I'm not quite as impressed with the overall "look."  My friends and fellow teachers insist that Weebly is uber easy to use once you master the basics [I'll believe it when I see it!], offering an endless supply of goodies, like neat backgrounds, drop-down menus, and adorable fonts/titles/headers.  What can I say?  I like to go the extra mile and make things pretty :)

If you're looking for some inspiration, hop on over to Drama Academic to take a look at how one USJ graduate student designed a  website with a variety of science and social studies resources for teachers.  It's still a work in progress, but I'm loving the organization and drop-down menus.  I'd also recommend having a look see at Learn with Team Van Pelt, another USJ graduate student who is in the midst of creating an online portfolio and "portal" to house resources for parents.  Again, the layout is clean, simple, and professional.  

Yep, I'm swooning.  Luckily for me, teaching is all about stealing swapping ideas from fellow educators, so I hope to adapt some of these handy ideas in my upcoming website.  Stay tuned...  

photo credit: Tc Morgan via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment