Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Love Affair With Popplet


Y'all best be popping on over to Popplet because I can't think of anyone who wouldn't benefit from this snazzy, super easy graphic organizing application.  I started this blog by admitting that I am a self-professed organizing junkie. Did I mention that I want my little guys to be equally as organized?  (We even have a desk fairy, table fairy, and  a bin fairy who comes for surprise visits and leaves treats for those who keep their areas extra tidy!)  You can imagine, then, that I like to present notes in an equally as organized fashion :)

My kiddos have been hard at work learning about animal adaptations. However, there is SO much vocabulary that comes with this unit, and I find that simply copying definitions from the board leaves my little ones with fragmented bits of knowledge.  What's the solution to my predicament, you wonder?  Well, let me introduce you to Popplet.  Take a peak at my animal adaptations themed web.  At first glance, it does look overwhelming.  Yep, there's a whole web of lines connecting boxes, terms, definitions, and visuals.  The beauty of this application is that I can zoom in and out depending on the areas I want to focus on.  We're tackling animal families this week, so I can steer my students over to that particular section.

My absolute favorite part of this application is that it is so darn easy to use! Anyone ever try Kidspiration?  I thought I liked it.  Hate to break it to you, but Popplet puts that program to shame...the navigation on this application is easier (almost has a Prezi type feel), making adjustments to the web is far simpler, and the look is uber sophisticated.  The drawback is that a free version only gets you 5 popplets.  I may have to look into investing a few dollars into this handy app!

No comments:

Post a Comment