Monday, April 15, 2013

Literacy Centers in the Primary Grades: Make Way for Freebies!

Credit: Serenade to Second Grade
I had to share a little something I found during one of my all-to-frequent Pinterest sprees.  Yep, I can spend hours on this site, oogling at some pretty incredible classroom inspiration.  This handy find literally had me grinning from ear to ear...a blog post with *FREE* links to everything you might need to set-up literacy work stations in your classroom.  Head on over to Serenade to Second Grade to snatch all of these incredible resources.

My loyal readers out there know that I am a Daily 5 girl, but I am confident that most, if not all, of these materials can be adapted to fit the program's goals.  These centers are aligned to Harcourt's Story Town which is the program I use in my school, so I'm eager to try 'em out.

 In case you don't want to scour through all of her resources (even though they are BEAUTIFULLY organized), I figured that I'd include some of the highlights.
  • Then, she includes all of the materials, or recommendations for materials, that she uses at each center. I'll let you pop on over to her blog post to read more :)  Yes, she goes through each of the previously aforementioned centers, step-by-step.  Do I hear some rejoicing?? 
You will find that many of the links included in her blog post are from this *FREE* and fabulous site, The Teaching Oasis.  Just to wet your palate a bit, here's a few more links to explore...

Reading Strategies:
Seriously, you need to take some time to uncover all of the amazing freebies at The Teaching Oasis.  Did I mention that there are materials housed for every subject area as well!?  This sounds like a nice "I'll pin it/ Diigo it now, and explore more in the summer activity!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment