Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Personal Diigo Library

Here's a snapshot of my desk drawer.  I *heart* all things Post-its.
By this point, you should already know that more often than not I find myself in an organizing frenzy  (that is, tweaking previously organized systems) and I absolutely love school supplies, particularly Post-its of any shape, color, or size :)  Given my obsession with these handy notes, it should come as no surprise that Diigo continues to be one of my closest companions.  The highlighting and notes feature is just so darn useful!

The beauty of Diigo, which I mentioned previously in this post, is the simplicity of its organizational scheme and its universal accessibility from any computer.  No matter where I go or if my current computer comes to a crashing halt, my favorite articles/websites/cooking projects/lesson plans/ Google Docs will always have a library to call home.  In addition to some of the other features I've mentioned, Diigo allows you to take a screenshot of the webpage, or share the page  via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, or just plain old email.  Talk about convenience.

It's most ideal feature (as if there could possibly be one that outshines the rest :) may very well be "tagging," or organizing your library schematic by topic.  For example, say you find an especially helpful link re: classroom design.  If I were you, I'd create a tag for "classroom design" - simply type it into the "tag" box and you're on your way to establishing a Dewey Decimal-esque classification for your links.  Next time you want to retrieve this link, just type "Classroom Organization" into your search browser, located  in your Diigo library, and only those links with that particular tag will pop up.  Ingenious, right?

For now, I'm going to share this link to my Diigo account.  I can't guarantee that you'll find everything there applicable.  After all, it is my own personal, customized library!  Nevertheless, you'll certainly find some worthwhile resources, organized by tags, on digital etiquette, Wikis, transitional kindergarten, and classroom organization, among other educationally related topics.  So, if you're still interested, go take a peak!  How have you found Diigo to be useful or, perhaps, not so useful in your personal/ professional lives?  We're all entitled to our own opinion, so make sure to share 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment